R.E. "Bob" Parker, P.E.
R.E. “Bob” Parker is an eminent business leader in the multibillion-dollar refinery and petrochemical industry. Founder of Repcon, Robert E. Parker is the “REP” in Repcon, and under his guidance, Repcon has grown into one of the most respected industrial contractors in the world over the past four decades.
In his role as President, Bob oversees each of Repcon’s client relationships, as well as the execution of each of the organization’s projects. He leads the Repcon team and is known for his attention to the quality and integrity behind every endeavor. Bob is also heavily involved in the company’s sales and marketing strategy and its sizeable list of clients— a list that includes most of the refining and chemical companies in the U.S.
As a hands-on manager, Bob is engaged in all aspects of ensuring that safety is Job #1 and a fundamental core value at Repcon. He preaches safety as a way of life and is known by his mantra: “No project is considered totally successful unless it is injury and accident free.”
Earning a BS in General Engineering from Texas A&I University, Bob is a talented engineer, with 40+ years of experience in the industrial construction and maintenance industry. A registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, he is active in numerous industry organizations, including:
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Associated Chemical Industry of Texas
- National Society of Professional Engineers
Bob has also been active in education and training for 25+ years, and was one of the founders of the Craft Training Center of the Coastal Bend (CTCCB) in 1987. Additionally, he:
- Continues to serve on the Board of Directors of the CTCCB
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the ABC of Texas
- Serves on the Board of Directors of the Coastal Bend Chapter of ABC
- Was the 2012 Chairman of the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Served four years on the NCCER Board of Directors
- Serves on the Board of Trustees for the Contractor’s Safety Council of Coastal Bend
- Serves on the Board of Trustees for Bay Area Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse